KHO is AHF-Rwanda's local implementing partner. KHO has objective of contributing to the reduction of new HIV infections by supporting, advocating and empowering young people. As Rwandan CBO-implementing partner of AHF Rwanda, KHO conduct 1 specific activity in the community:
- Condom distribution in different areas (in the community) through condom kiosks located in 8 different districts.
- Contribution to the reduction of new HIV infections
I. IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS
I.1. IMPLEMENTATION OF PLANNED ACTIVITIES
I.1.1. ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED
ü Activities of condom distribution through 8 condom kiosks were conducted. In Kigali and outside Kigali, we have 8 condom kiosks located exactly in:
- 1 Nyabugogo Taxi Pack
- 1 Gikondo MAGERWA
- 1 Nyamirambo (Rwezamenyo)
- 1 Remera (Migina)
- 1 Remera Giporoso
- 1 Ku Mukoni (Huye District)
- 1 at the market (Rusizi District)
- 1 at Petite Barriere (Rubavu District)
In that condom kiosk there are qualified agents that distribute freely condoms to different people in those areas.
ü Distribution of free self-test kits to general population through condom kiosks.
I.1.2. OBJECTIVES OF CONDUCTED ACTIVITIES
· Facilitate access to condoms in areas that are considered as hot spots (where there are many sex workers)
· Avail access to HIV prevention methods to the general population
I.1.3.SUMMERY OF HOW ACTIVITIES WERE CONDUCTED
We are, as an organization, in charge of condom distribution on that
same project with AHF through condom kiosks in the community and in different
hot spot area of Rwanda.